CBA Alberta Board of Directors met via videoconference on April 1, 2020.
The focus of the meeting was on ways that CBA Alberta can help meet urgent and emerging member needs during the pandemic and resulting economic crises. The Board focused on opportunities to help members in addressing the following five key areas:
- the transition to online work and learning and the need to adapt to new technologies and solutions and to help members better meet client needs in this new environment
- the need for community, social connections and connectivity
- the need for emotional supports within professional life
- the financial health of members and the related impacts for CBA
- a shift of focus of advocacy to urgent need for new procedures and processes to support remote work and social distancing
In addition the Board addressed:
- the new Lawyer Advocacy Committee which will undertake advocacy on specific issues of interest to members and the profession
- the overall advocacy strategy
- the Policy Review Committee
- planning for a 2020 Leadership Forum
- exploration of targeted mentoring for women lawyers
The next regular meeting of the Board of Directors will be Wednesday, June 24.