Legal Counsel – Employment (2+ years)
A New Era of Calgary Employment Lawyers: YYC Employment Law Group (https://www.yycemploymentlawgroup.com) has established itself as one of Calgary’s fastest-growing employee-side labour and employment boutique law firms. We are passionate about protecting employee rights and remain poised to re-define and shake-up the practice of labour and employment law in the Calgary market. Our creative edge, flexibility and client-focused approach has been a very welcomed addition to the local legal market. Our model is far ahead of the curve, and our clients think so, too.
We are intending to find another talented, personable and passionate employment lawyer to join our existing team. Our lawyers earn more than their equivalent peers at large national law firms and benefit from significantly less hours required and more flexibility.
The new member of our team will possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- a lawyer with at least two (2) years of post-call litigation experience with a focus on labour and employment law;
- member in good standing with the Law Society of Alberta;
- prior experience with a top-tier national law firm, top-tier litigation boutique or in-house experience with a large corporation;
- a JD/LLB graduate of a Canadian law school with a solid law school transcript;
- people skills and more people skills;
- a casual, relaxed and laid-back personality;
- unwavering dedication to protecting employee rights desire to do excellent work; and
- an ability and desire to run files independently from start to finish, including client management (see: people skills above).
*A longstanding history in Calgary is a huge asset.
Interested candidates should send us their CV and a few words about themselves in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to chat with you! We’re different.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. However, given the expected volume of applicants, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.