Deeded Law is a new and forward-thinking law practice reimagining the Real Estate and Mortgage closing process through a combination of advanced technology, processes, and the best team in the industry.
We have a unique opening for a Real Estate Lawyer to join our growing team. This position can be open to working virtually from Calgary or Edmonton.
We are seeking a unique individual who has extensive experience in all aspects of Residential Real Estate who is forward-thinking, comfortable with technology and constantly learning (and adopting) new ways of doing things. Most importantly, someone who is passionate about delivering a highly responsive, personalized client experience every single transaction
- Handling all aspects of Residential Real Estate transactions with minimal supervision.
- Corresponding with clients, banks, lawyers and others.
- Review purchase agreements, loan documents
- Draft transaction documents for purchase, sale and financing of residential property
- Prepare draft requisition letters and responses.
- Attend meetings with clients to receive instructions, review documentation, have documents signed and report on status.
- Liaise with clients, counsel, financial institutions, title insurance companies, land registry offices, etc.
- Raise potential issues to the attention of the principal lawyer.
- Meet clients to review documentation and conduct virtual signings.
- Business development activities as needed
- 2+ years of experience working as a Real Estate Lawyer in a high-volume firm
- Software: Experience with Microsoft Office and Alberta Land Titles essential, Conveyancer/Unity, LLC, and Cosmolex an asset
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent telephone and verbal communication skills. Friendly, outgoing disposition.
- Highly oriented on client experience
- Excellent computer skills, including typing, word processing and email.
- Reliable, responsible and able to maintain the necessary confidentiality.
- Highly resourceful with a solution-focused attitude.
- Able to work independently in a busy environment, while also working well within our existing culture
Apply: Erin Crocker email@example.com