Do you love the great outdoors? Is living in the mountains on your bucket list? Is work life balance something you crave? If you answered yes to the above questions, then we could be your dream employer!
Highline Law Office is a successful law firm in the heart of Banff National Park and we are currently seeking an Associate Lawyer. Our practice focuses on Real Estate, Corporate/ Commercial, Wills, Estates and Residential Tenancy Law.
Why Choose Highline Law Office
- We have a long track record of success and continue to grow year over year.
- Highline Law is a dynamic, close-knit, and collaborative team of professionals working for a well-established firm which holds a dominant position in the Bow Valley market.
- Enjoy ongoing interaction with clients and gain exposure to all aspects of the business.
- As you grow in your role, we offer full independence and control over your files – a great opportunity for professional growth and rapid career advancement!
- Work on unique real estate transactions working closely with Parks Canada, varied and complex corporate files, commercial leasing, wills and estates.
- When things are quiet, leave early for an afternoon of skiing, biking or hiking.
- Live and work where you play, surrounded by world-renowned National and Provincial Parks.
- The Bow Valley is a beautiful mountain community that embraces art, history, and culture, along with offering a variety of sports and outdoor adventure activities.
- Work closely with support staff to handle residential and commercial real estate transactions and other legal matters.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a diverse range of agreements legal documents including contracts, real estate conveyancing documents, wills, and corporate documents.
- Prepare, review and submit filings to various government agencies (Parks Canada, Alberta Land Titles, Alberta Corporate Registries, Surrogate Court).
- Represent, advise, and negotiate on behalf of individuals, businesses, and executors of estates.
- Perform legal research and prepare statements of legal opinions.
- Counsel clients on their legal rights and options, facilitate solutions to client problems, assess and manage risk, and manage client expectations.
- Manage, oversee, and supervise legal assistants.
- Perform administrative and management functions related to the practice of law.
- Build and maintain relationships with local businesses, financial institutions, realtors, and other law firms.
Other Perks Include:
- Parks Canada Discovery Pass.
- Paid LESA Courses.
- Bonus structure for exceeding targets.
- A competitive salary commensurate with your experience.
- A constant flow of clients and work – no more worrying about building out your own client base.
- Ongoing training and mentoring in a supportive and open manner.
- Called to the Alberta Bar and a member in good standing with the Law Society of Alberta.
- 1+ years working experience as a lawyer.
- Experience and proficiency in Real Estate Law and Wills & Estates preferred, but we are willing to train.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Initiative and attention to detail is essential.
- Residing in the Bow Valley or willing to relocate.
Cover Letter and Resume can be submitted by email to email@example.com, Attention: Sarah Jones. The position will be open until the successful candidate has been found.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted.
For further information on our practice please review our website at www.ericharvielaw.ca