We are a dynamic and established multi-partisan law and lobby firm located in Edmonton, AB and we are seeking a Legal Associate.
The ideal candidate is a team player who is versatile and skilled with a sense of humor and a friendly demeanor. This is a terrific opportunity to continue your development working on a diverse range of litigation matters acting for government, regulatory, and corporate clients across a range of industries (while also enjoying an easy-going, friendly, small firm culture). We will work with the successful candidate to develop your skills and abilities in multiple areas while encouraging you to pursue areas of focus in accordance with your own interests and aptitudes.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience (5 years preferred) as a practicing lawyer
- Possess the highest standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information
- Self-directed individual who knows what needs to be done and operates with a sense of urgency, focus, and discipline
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative, entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; attention to detail is a must
- Professional attitude and demeanor
- Legally entitled to practice law in Canada and be a member in good standing with the Alberta Bar Association
- An interest in government and the political news / current events would be an asset
Training, Compensation and Benefits
We offer comprehensive, unparalleled opportunities, an industry-competitive salary, and participation in an optional supplemental benefits plan.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank you in advance for your interest in this position.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume by email to our Office Manager – email@example.com. No in-person resumes will be accepted at this time. Your resume should include a one page cover letter outlining why you would enjoy working with Alberta Counsel, a summary of your experience/aptitude as a Legal Associate, and a unique personal experience you would care to share with us.
Work Remotely: No
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $90,000.00-$110,000.00 per year